Per a COVID-19-related Mecklenburg County health directive issued , please note that some businesses may have modified their hours of operation and changed procedures in order to comply with CDC and Mecklenburg County Health Department guidelines. Please wear a mask, limit any non-essential activities and refrain from gathering with anyone outside of your household.
Not sure how to breach the Queen City’s social circuit? Start by exploring the city and its neighborhoods through these lively bars and venues.
1. Knock down strikes, dominate the shuffleboard court and hang with friends as the sun goes down at Queen Park Social in LoSo (Lower South End).
2. Channel “Kingpin” and unwind with craft beer at retro-chic Montford Street alley 10 Park Lanes at the Park Road Shopping Center.
4. Find stand-up comedy, hopping dance floors and unforgettable lives shows at the city’s one-stop entertainment shop: AvidXChange Music Factory.
6. Enjoy masterpieces crafted by mixologist Stefan Huebner at Dot Dot Dot, hidden in Park Road Shopping Center’s back lot.
10. Pay tribute to departed music venues at BackStage Lounge, located behind SouthBound and Mac’s Speed Shop in South End.
Live Music Lairs
11. See if your favorite band is performing at any of Charlotte’s live music venues. Spots like the PNC Music Pavilion, Blumenthal Performing Arts, Spectrum Center and The Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex BlackCrush (aka “The BOplex with Bojangles’ Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium) offer everything from touring concerts to comedy shows.
17. Soothe your stage fright with a slice of pizza and a cocktail on tap before reliving your high school playlist at 8.2.0.
18. Order a few local beers for liquid courage and showcase your pipes in front of a crowd at NoDa 101.
19. Grab the mic at Lucky Lou’s Tavern after a game of pool and treat patrons to your “perfectly rehearsed” renditions of golden oldies.